Tuesday, June 16, 2009

21st birthday in Novo mesto

I am finally 21! yay! I thought this day would never come! Turning 21 in Slovenia has made this day all the more special.

I woke up late for work this morning and was in a hurry, so I had forgotten about my birthday until later in the morning. I didn't mention it to the others, because I was too shy to do so...but was hoping that someone would remember. Gladly, a few of the coworkers had remembered and said happy birthday to me and put a smile on my face.

After lunch, I went outside to join the others for coffee and was surprised by a birthday cake made specially for me! They had all remembered it after all~ and I received a map of Europe as a gift. It was such a thoughtful and unexpected gesture I almost kind of cried :) I was so happy. It's part of the Slovenian culture to kiss the birthday girl/boy on both side of her/his cheeks. So I received plenty of kisses today~



2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! I'm glad you had a good birthday =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy B-day. That is awesome. Give me ur skype account linda!!!

    ReplyDelete